How to Apply
Applicants who have attended a regionally accredited college or university are considered for admission. Applicants must have a cumulative average of a 2.0 or above and be in good standing at the previous institutions. Courses eligible for transfer must be college-level courses (100-level or higher) with a minimum grade of "C".
Transfer applicants with fewer than 24 semester hours must submit an official final high school transcript.
Sending Transcripts: Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all institutions previously attended. It is recommended that transcripts be sent electronically to email@example.com
For mailing of transcripts please mail to: VSU Transfer Student Services, P.O. Box 9018, Petersburg, VA 23806. Please be sure that the final transcript sent displays the completion of the associate's degree.
Prospective international transfer students should complete the following steps.
- VSU online application (link)
- Order Official evaluated academic records/transcripts. Documents can be mailed or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We recommend the following services;
- World Education Services (WES) https://www.wes.org/
- SpanTran- https://spanside.secure.force.com/SpantranApplication?Id=03c10802-32a8-4101-8343-878ff3c68ed1
- Or any qualified agency which can be found at www.naces.org \
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English Speakers
- Proof of Immunization
Please note that your Financial Documentation should not be submitted to the Office of Admissions. The International Student Advisor will evaluate your Financial Documentation, to ensure that you have satisfied Immigration and Naturalization Service directives. The VSU International Student Office will assist all international students and exchange visitors with the submission of forms required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If you already have a Visa or permanent residency card, submit these with your application packet. (U.S. citizens who have traveled abroad and attended a school are not classified as international students).
For more information, please contact the VSU International Student Office: https://www.vsu.edu/academics/services-support/international-student-advising.php