International Guidelines

Following these guidelines will ensure a smooth application process.

Apply Now / Check Status

  1. SAT / ACT Scores:  Students younger than 21 years of age must submit test scores from the College Board ( or ACT (  Scores must be sent directly from the ACT or the College Board.
  2. Academic Reports/Transcripts: Applicants must submit certified copies of official academic records, showing subjects studied, grades received, examinations taken, and degrees earned from secondary schools, colleges, and universities attended. The documents must be submitted in original form as well as an official translation.  All transcripts must be evaluated and produced in English on acourse by course basis. Please do not contact us regarding your status if you have not obtained a translated evaluation of your records.  We recommend credentials evaluations from World Education Services (WES):
  3. Permanent Address:  When completing the application enter your home country address as your permanent address. Your Current Address will be your host family address in the United States.
  4. The Office of International Students Affairs will assist students in making the transition from their native land.  After students have met the requirements for admissions to VSU, the International Student Advisor will issue the I-20 form and will provide information relative to housing and enrollment. Students who are out of status with the United States Department of Justice Immigration and Naturalization Service will not be considered for admission.
  5. Language Proficiency:  An applicant from a country where English is not the native language is required to demonstrate a proficiency in English by submitting scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS).  Students must achieve a 5.5 or better on the overall band score.
  6. Student Identification Number:  Once your application is complete with all required supplemental documents, VSU will assign you a student identification number (commonly referred to as V-number).  This number should be used on all correspondences.
  7. International Transfers: International students currently attending another college or university within the U.S. must complete the Transfer Information Form to verify their immigration status.Students who have attended post-secondary educational institutions, colleges or universities outside of the United States are required to submit a professional credential evaluation of all work completed. This is generally referred to as a course-by-course report.  A course-by-course report should be sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions from the evaluation service.  An admission decision will be made once the official evaluation is on file and all other required materials are received.  If you are currently enrolled in a term or semester, you should contact the evaluation service about getting a partial evaluation done.  A final evaluation will be required prior to enrollment.