Code of Ethics
Board of Visitors Code of Ethics
Adopted June 14, 2013; Reaffirmed by the Board, April 29, 2016
- Obey the laws, regulations, and policies applicable to our university activities.
- Protect and preserve university resources and ensure their proper use.
- Avoid both conflicts of interest and the appearance of such conflicts.
- Safeguard confidential information.
- Make procurement decisions impartially and objectively.
- Maintain effective internal controls to safeguard the regularity and integrity of our activities.
- Treat other people with dignity and respect, ensuring there is no discrimination or harassment at Virginia State University.
- Report any illegal or unethical action that comes to our attention, so the University can investigate and take corrective steps.
This Code of Ethics was adoption by the Board of Visitors of Virginia State University on June 14, 2013.