To apply for a Travel Card:
- Complete the Bank of America Employee Agreement Form
- Complete the Travel Card Training in Blackboard
- Send the completed agreement form to Procurement Services
- Enter your application information via Works after receiving the welcome email
- Travel cards are mailed by the card provider within seven to 10 business days of application processing
Full-time faculty and staff of VSU who are U.S. residents are eligible to apply for the travel card by completing the Employee Paid (Individual LIability) Travel Card Employee Agreement form. In addition to submitting the agreement form, the employee also will be required to complete mandatory annual Travel Card training on Blackboard and complete an electronic card request in the Bank of America online system. Training is required annually on a calendar-year basis at the direction of the program administrator.
Once an employee completes the Employee Agreement form and the Travel Card training in Blackboard, the program administrator will set up a new account in the Bank of America online system and request a system-generated welcome message for the employee. This message will be emailed to the address included on the Employee Agreement form and will contain the employee's username and a validated link to establish a password for the Bank of America online system. The link contained in the email is good for one-time use only and will expire after 30 days if not used.
The employee will then need to complete an electronic card request, using the following directions, before the travel card can be sent out:
- To access the electronic card request, log into the Bank of America system using the information contained in the welcome message and locate the navigation tabs on the left side of the page
- Click on TOOLS>PERSONAL SETTINGS> TRAVEL CARD. This will bring up the electronic card request form
- On the first page of the form, leave the Card Emboss information set to default. Under security information, enter your Social Security number and tab to the next field. The activation number will populate automatically
- Enter your date of birth, and set the credit limit to "Frequent Traveler" which corresponds to the VSU standard limit of $2,500
- Next, enter your home address and phone numbers and then click the "Save button
- Click "Review terms and conditions" on the following page once you have verified that all the information is correct
- Lastly, you will need to agree to the terms and conditions of the card program
Once this is done, the program administrator will approve the request and have the card shipped. The employee will receive the card at the home address listed in the electronic card request within seven to 10 business days from the time the request is approved by the program administrator. A PIN for cash access will be sent to the same address during the same timeframe, but will arrive as a separate letter.