Virginia State University Board of Visitors Committee and Full Board Meetings
In accordance with the Code of Virginia, the Board of Visitors of Virginia State University will hold meetings by electronic communication and in-person on Thursday-Friday, April 22-23, 2021. There will not be an opportunity for public comment at the meetings.
Tentative Schedule of Meetings*April 22, 2021
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am Board Committee on Institutional Advancement (Virtual)
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Board Committee on Facilities, Finance & Audit (Virtual)
Tentative Schedule of Meetings*
April 23, 2021
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Board Committee on Institutional Advancement (Virtual)
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, Board Committee on Personnel, Compensation & Governance
- 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm, Full Board Meeting (in-person) at the Gateway Dining & Event Center, VSU Campus (in-person)
Academic & Student Affairs Committee Meeting Materials (9 am Thursday, April 22)
Facilities, Finance & Audit Committee Meeting Materials (1 pm Thursday, April 22)
- Agenda Draft
- BOV Finance April 2021 Final
- CAE Board of Visitors Slide Presentation
- Technology Services Report
- Internal Audit Charter 2021-2022
- VSU - Audit Corrective Action Plan Detail
Institutional Advancement Committee Meeting Materials (9 am Friday, April 23)
- Agenda Draft
- Government Relations Update
- IA BOV Presentation
- IA DIVRED BOV
- IA April 2021 Dir of Comm
Personnel, Compensation & Governance meeting materials (11 am, Friday, April 23)
All start and end times for committees are approximate. Meetings may begin either before or after the listed approximate start time as committee members are ready to proceed. The Board reserves the right to change its schedule as necessary.
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, any public body, including any state, local, regional, or regulatory body, or a governing board as defined in § 54.1-2345 of the Code of Virginia may meet by electronic communication means without a quorum of the public body or any member of the governing board physically assembled at one location when the Governor has declared a state of emergency in accordance with §44-146.17, provided that (i) the nature of the declared emergency makes it impracticable or unsafe for the public body or governing board to assemble in a single location; (ii) the purpose of the meeting is to discuss or transact the business statutorily required or necessary to continue operations of the public body or common interest community
association as defined in §54.1-2345 of the Code of Virginia and the discharge of its lawful purposes, duties, and responsibilities, or common interest community association as defined in § 54.1-2345 of the Code of Virginia and the discharge of its lawful purposes, duties, and responsibilities.
The purpose of the meetings is to discuss or transact the business statutorily required or necessary to continue operations of the public body and the discharge of its lawful purposes, duties, and responsibilities. A transcript of the electronic meetings and the meeting minutes will be posted on the Board of Visitors website in accordance with the timeframes established in §§ 2.2-3707 and 2.2-3707.1 of the Code of Virginia.
The meetings will be held in open and closed sessions. The public may view the electronic/virtual meetings via Livestream. If viewers experience a technical interruption, they may contact the VSU Helpdesk at (804) 524-5210.
Due to public health and safety concerns, the University will adhere to the social distancing guidelines established in the Governor’s Executive Order 63 for in-person meetings. Based on these guidelines, the University has determined a maximum occupancy for the meeting space, and seating will be limited. The University requires all persons to wear masks to enter campus buildings and the meeting space and to abide by the posted signs in using elevators, restrooms, stairs, etc. Temperature checks will be available at entrances to the Gateway Dining & Event Center.
Attendees will also be requested to certify that they:
- Do not have any of the symptoms of COVID-19:
- Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html)
- To the best of their knowledge they have not been exposed during the past 14 days to someone with COVID-19
- Have neither tested positive for COVID-19 nor are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- Agree to wear a mask at all times and to the extent possible to maintain a 6’ distance between themselves and anyone else
For additional information, please contact the Office of Communications at 804-524-5583.
*Note: The Board reserves the right to change its schedule as necessary. The schedule of
meetings is subject to change.