For Separating Employees

Upon learning of an employee’s separation from the university, the immediate supervisor of the home department shall initiate a Personnel Action Form (A21).  Prompt completion of the A21 will manage a smooth separation for employees and allow sufficient time for appropriate areas of the University to reconcile accounts or collect materials and property.  A terminating employee is responsible for obtaining the signatures of the individuals listed in the various departments on the attached page.  To assist in this process, below is a list of departments and what may be needed for that area.

To be Completed by Supervisor/Manager:

  • Notify Payroll at 524-5709 of an employee’s separation date immediately at the notification of separation.
  • Collect institutional property (i.e., keys, pager, phone, uniforms, Policy/Procedure manuals etc.) and promptly return the employee’s identification card to the VSU One Card Office.
  • Notify appropriate computer facilities and Telecommunications (OIT) of network user code and mainframe access clearance, email account clearance and telephone long distance card.
  • Discontinue authorization of BANNER Information System.

To be Completed by Employee:

In addition to items listed on the clearance form, you must seek financial clearance from the below offices.

  • Contact Purchasing department to cancel access to travel and purchase cards.  If applicable, refer departing employees to the Cash Management and Cashier’s offices to reconcile outstanding accounts.
  • Contact Traffic Regulatory office for parking permit cancellation and payment of outstanding fines.
  • Notify Training Coordinator for any outstanding Tuition Waiver and/or Training materials
  • Call Human Resources for exit interview and change of address form.  Please contact HR at or call 804-524-5090, room 101

Clearance Form:

Please click on the Clearance Form