Minimum Admissions StandardsBaccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college/university or a foreign degree equivalent to at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree. The degree must meet requirements as identified by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
A valid verification statement signed by the Program Director of an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics.
A minimum cumulative grade point average from the baccalaureate degree of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Completion of GRE within the past 5 years with a score of at least 1000 (old system) and within the 50th percentile (new system) preferred.Applicants may wait until they are matched to the program to take the GRE.
- Submit an online application on the dietetic internship centralized application system (DICAS) at https://portal.dicas.org/ by February 15th for the Spring Match.
- Pay required fees as indicated on the DICAS website (DICAS application fee for the first designation is $45 and $20 for each additional designation).
- Submit original transcripts from each school attended as instructed on the DICAS website.
- VSU Dietetic Internship Program Application Fee
- Mail application fee to: Crystal Wynn, Ph.D., RD- VSU DI Program Director, Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, PO Box 9211, Virginia State University, Petersburg, VA 23806
- Submit a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check in the amount of $50 (non-refundable).
- Checks should be made payable to VSU DI Program
- Register for Computer Matching through D & D Digital’s website, www.dnddigital.com, and submit rankings by February 15th for the Spring Match. Pay required fees as required by D & D Digital website, ($55).
- Applicants matched to our program, are required to notify the DI Director of their acceptance no later than 5 PM EST on the Monday after Match Day.
Graduate School Admission Process
Once internship appointments have been confirmed, interns will receive a program information packet. Interns will be required to submit an application to the Graduate School by May 1. GRE scores will need to be submitted to the graduate school by July 15.
VSU Office of Graduate Admissions: http://www.vsu.edu/admissions/apply/graduate-apply/index.php