The Department of Mass Communications offers a Masters of Arts (M.A.) degree in Media Management. This degree is designed to provide media professionals with the skills necessary to become managers in the industry. This degree prepares media managers to:
- Lead diverse teams of professionals in pursuit of a common goal.
- Hone skills in their area of specialization.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to practical workplace situations.
- Be knowledgeable about economic, legal, and ethical issues in the communication field.
- Meet the technological challenges of media convergence.
- Balance First Amendment freedoms with the inherent responsibilities of mass media operating in a democratic society.