The mission of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences is to maintain a world class vision of excellence which is designed to prepare students to assume productive leadership roles anywhere in the world. To this end, high quality faculty, staff, and administrators are sought to provide world class leadership programs that integrate instruction, technology, research, public service, and professional development activities.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences will fulfill its mission by:
- Constantly assessing all personnel and programs and restructuring when deemed necessary to achieve the mission.
- Creating innovative programs that address global trends and issues, accommodate traditional and non-traditional students, and carve a world class niche for the College.
- Continually integrating contemporary technology into the academic and administrative routines of the College;
- Ensuring that programs and resources are managed efficiently by competent professionals;
- Maintaining accreditation in those disciplines which have achieved such status and acquiring accreditation in those programs whose academic standards merit such recognition.
- Providing effective academic support, professional development, and co-curricular programs that provide opportunities for students to: benefit from the guidance of caring, competent, and visionary professionals; graduate in a timely fashion; secure leadership positions or graduate school opportunities in their chosen professions; acquire appropriate social acumen; and learn to communicate effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Securing external funds to operate world class programs through a variety of research, grantsmanship, and fund-development activities.
- Recruiting traditional and non-traditional students whose academic, co-curricular, and other experiences suggest that they are desirous of completing College of Humanities and Social Sciences programs.
- Developing strategic alliances with school systems, community colleges, other four-year institutions, corporate affiliates, local businesses, civic and social organizations, alumni groups, and a variety of other constituencies.
- Providing concomitant professional development opportunities for faculty, staff and administrators.
- Utilizing contemporary communicative strategies and vehicles to market the College's programs on a world-wide basis.
- Employing a participatory style of governance that invites input from faculty, staff, administrators, students in general, and student leadership groups, advisory boards, alumni, parents, community partners, and other constituencies.