Policies and Procedures
- Absolutely NO food or drink is allowed in the labs at any time. Failure to comply will result in the immediate banning of the individual from the Graphics Computer Labs for the remainder of the semester (including classes).
- Only students who are currently enrolled in Graphic Design courses requiring the use of the Graphics Computer Labs will be allowed to have access to them.
- Students may have access to the Graphics Computer Labs ONLY when an Instructor or Lab Monitor is present. When the Instructor and/or Lab Monitor must leave, students will promptly close out their files and leave the room.
- Only class related projects are to be worked on in the Graphics Computer Labs and/or printed. Each computer is remotely monitored for activity. Unauthorized activity will result in the loss of lab access for the semester.
- Computers in the Graphics Labs are not to be altered in any way – this includes moving them to another location, changing their peripherals connections, or loading any software onto them. Failure to comply will result in the immediate banning of the individual from the Graphics Computer Labs for the remainder of the semester (including classes).
- If a student notices that a computer in the Graphics Lab is malfunctioning, they are to report the problem to the Instructor or Lab Monitor. Students are not to attempt ‘fixing’ the computers under any circumstances.
- For your own security, all student work should be backed up onto personal data storage mechanisms. Server storage files will be wiped at the conclusion of each semester. Also, server failure may occur at any time, resulting in the possible loss or corruption of files. Be smart – back-up, back-up, back-up.