Now until October 10, all gifts will be matched dollar-for-dollar by an anonymous donor! Give to a newly established fund, already established fund, or any fund near and dear to your heart. The power of Alumni, parents, friends, faculty, and staff coming together makes transformative experiences possible.*undesignated gifts will be directed to the areas of greatest need at VSU.
FY23 Match It Campaign Policy
All alumni gifts:
- Must be received between Sept. 8 and Oct. 10, 2022.
- Will be matched.
- Eligible gifts will be matched dollar-for-dollar.
- Gifts of any amount will be matched up to $10,000.
- Cash, check, online, stock transfer gifts are accepted.
- Endowments will be matched.
- The match gift will be applied to the same fund as the eligible gift. Example: IA received $1k from a donor for tuition assistance. A match of 1k will be posted to tuition assistance.
- Gift received by mail are eligible for a match if received between Sept. 8 and Oct. 10; gifts received after the deadline must be postmarked no later than Oct. 15.
- All walk-in gifts brought to our office between Sept. 8 and Oct. 10 will be matched.
- Gifts via stock, IRA’s and donor-advised funds (gifts may take up to five days after the event to process).
- New recurring gift commitments, gifts that are given on a monthly basis by way of bank draft or automatic credit card payments, will be matched between Sept. 8 to June 30, 2023).
- ACH Forms must be completed and returned to the Office of Institutional Advancement email@example.com. between Sept. 8 and June 30, 2023 to eligible for match.
Gifts not eligible for match
- Gifts received prior to Sept. 8
- Gifts cannot be backdated.
- Payments on gift pledges.
- All gifts where benefits are involved are not match eligible (ie Athletic Booster Club; Trojan Athletic Club, Homecoming Events or Golf Tournament).
- Corporate Matching Gifts (only the employee’s gift will be matched, not corporate match).
- Recurring gifts or automatic credit card payments committed prior to Sept. 8.
- Naming opportunities are not eligible.
Match It Campaign Donor Calculations
- Donor totals are based on individuals with hard credit only or soft credit on a gift from a third party entity, like a DAF (Advised Donor Funds).